Representing You In The Probate Law Process
There are times when you may need the help of an experienced probate court attorney. For example, you may have been named the executor of a family member’s estate, or you may be concerned about your inheritance after a family member’s death. The in Savannah, Georgia, can provide the advice and representation you need whether you are an executor, a beneficiary or an heir. We can also help obtain adult guardianship of an incapacitated person.
Here Are Some Of The Ways In Which We Can Help You
Our knowledgeable attorneys will assist you in maneuvering through the sometimes intimidating and complicated Georgia probate court process. Here are some of the legal services we provide:
- Representing executors who deal with protecting the estate, probating the will by selling assets, and paying beneficiaries and creditors.
- Representing heirs and beneficiaries who want to protect their interests.
- Contesting a will. Among the reasons to do so are whether the will is a forgery and if the testator — the person who wrote the will — was not of sound mind when he or she wrote the document.
- Probate litigation related to the theft of assets by an executor.
- Year’s support issues. A year’s support in Georgia is the right to inherit property after the death of a person, regardless of what the will states.
- Guardianship matters related to minor children or an incapacitated adult.
The lawyers at the can provide the compassionate and knowledgeable assistance you need during a challenging time.