Representing You In Estate Planning And Probate
At Law Office of Erin Muldoon Haug, I have been helping people in Chatham County and the surrounding communities plan for the future with estate planning services for more than 15 years. I have also been helping people navigate the probate process, and I represent clients in probate litigation when necessary. If you are ready to plan for the future or find yourself named as an executor after the passing of a loved one, I can help.
Helping You Work Through The Probate Process
There are times when you may need the help of an experienced probate court attorney. For example, you may have been named the executor of a family member’s estate, or you may be concerned about your inheritance after a family member’s death. I will assist you in maneuvering through the sometimes intimidating and complicated Georgia probate court process. Here are some of the legal services I provide:
- Representing executors who deal with protecting the estate, probating the will by selling assets, and paying beneficiaries and creditors
- Representing heirs and beneficiaries who want to protect their interests
- Contesting a will: Among the reasons to do so are whether the will is a forgery and if the testator — the person who wrote the will — was not of sound mind when he or she wrote the document.
- Probate litigation related to the theft of assets by an executor
- Year’s support issues: A year’s support in Georgia is the right to inherit property after the death of a person, regardless of what the will states.
- Guardianship matters related to minor children or an incapacitated adult
My legal team at the Law Office of Erin Muldoon Haug can provide the compassionate and knowledgeable assistance you need during a challenging time.
Providing Estate Planning Services
It is never too early to start planning for the future. However, many people are unsure of how to determine what type of planning documents are right for them. At my firm, I sit down with each client and do a thorough review of their financial situation and their goals for the future. Together we create consider all of the options and determine whether include a will, trust or other types of planning documents in their estate plan. I help people with a range of planning documents including:
- Pour-over wills
- Living trusts
- Durable financial power of attorney
- Advance directive (health care power of attorney)
If you are ready to get started on your estate plan, contact me today.
Working With You On Estate Planning And Probate Law Matters
For a free consultation, call me at 912-421-7084 or complete my simple contact form.